I used to wonder, ‘what is the point of a guestbook at weddings? Do people even go back and read them?’ Well, I didn’t want mine to end up sad, lost, and forgotten in a storage box somewhere. Enter the Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer SP-1. Read on for a list of materials used for our guestbook, some photos, and some tips and things I wish I had known.
This guestbook turned out to be one of my favorite wedding keepsakes and had our guests commenting on how fun and creative it was.
- Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer. Don’t forget extra batteries!
- Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant Film. The Value packs are the best price per film sheet.
- Empty scrapbook or whichever book with blank pages you want to use. Ours has a simple, brown cover with black pages
- Quality pen. Ours was a gold gel pen to be visible on the black pages.
- Glue or something to fasten the printed images to your book. We used something like this: Bulk Buy: Glue Dots 3/8′ Poster Dot ‘n Go Disposable Dispenser 200 Clear (3-Pack)
This wedding guestbook requires a bit of planning and effort to setup, but I promise, it is worth it!
Planning is mostly finding simple ways to give your guests instructions
We provided instructions in two places:
- A little note at the bottom of our wedding program fans. This note instructs guests to download the Instax share app during their downtime waiting for the ceremony to begin
- Instructions sign on the table with the guestbook. This sign provides a step-by-step list of how to print a photo.
- Download the “Instax Share” App
- Take a photo of yourself (& Others) with your phone
- Connect your phone to the “Instax” wiFi
- Open the App, choose your photo
- Print and Glue the photo in the book and sign
Things I wish I had Known
The guestbook ultimately worked out beautifully. However, there are a few things I wish I had done to make the process go more smoothly. I wish I had:
- “Trained” a few of the wedding party members or family members in how to use and troubleshoot the printer. In particular, people did not immediately know how to change the batteries or the film.
- Include a note somewhere to make sure the printer is turned on!!
- Drawn more attention to it, to be sure everyone knew to sign the guestbook.
For some more inspiration, head over to the Wedding Party App Blog.